At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services is looking to fill an IT Senior Leader Auditor position within our Enterprise Technology Audit Group, to perform audits of Wells Fargo’s technology infrastructure.
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG) focuses on executing audits of information technology throughout Wells Fargo. The Infrastructure IT Audit Team is one of three teams reporting to the Executive Audit Director, ETAG. This team is primarily focused on the portfolio of core infrastructure and technology processes provided by the Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Technology Group. In addition, the team executes audits of the technology tools and support services provided to Wells Fargo’s work-force by the Team Member and Mobility Services group.
Specific areas of focus within the Infrastructure IT Audit Team portfolio include:
- Data center environmental and physical security controls;
- IT operations, including service availability management, system monitoring and batch processing;
- Change, problem & incident management;
- IT asset management and inventories;
- Platform engineering and support for mainframe, midrange and distributed platforms, including configuration, build, vulnerability and patch management;
- IT governance, including strategic design, executive reporting and process management;
- Data storage and transmission management;
- Cloud computing and security; and
- IT end-user support services and tools, including work-station, messaging and mobile technologies.
As a Senior Leader Auditor on the Infrastructure IT Audit team, you will play an important and dynamic role in building high-performing teams, connecting with our business partners and regulators, and executing the audit plan. You will monitor the business to identify key emerging risks, and will also support team member development and engagement.
Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, leads execution of the audit process (primarily as auditor-in-charge) and mentors more junior team members. May also participate in audits (under the direction of another lead auditor) to provide subject matter knowledge/skills and/or to design and conduct tests of internal controls.
- Often leads projects that are generally moderate to large in size and moderate to high in complexity. When leading audits, applies leadership and project management skills to identify project tasks and assign them to audit resources and ensures that projects are executed according to budgets and schedules.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of technology infrastructure, information security, and technology service processes. Participates in the evaluation of information technology policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and technology processes. Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans for engagements with limited guidance. Documents work in accordance with professional and corporate quality standards.
- When leading audits, develops and applies leadership and project management skills, by identifying project tasks and assigning them to audit resources and by ensuring that projects are executed according to budgets and schedules
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to less experienced auditors
- Exercises superior judgment when evaluating the business impact and significance of audit findings, identifying mitigating controls and other factors and assessing whether residual risks are consistent with risk tolerance and prudent risk management
- Demonstrates professional skepticism, presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner, writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions, escalates significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management, drafts final audit reports, and presents technical information clearly and succinctly to a wide variety of audiences.
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, develops audit reports and recommendations to improve control processes to executive management that clearly present audit results while considering the business context
- Develops valuable and trusting relationships with internal business partners by executing efficient audit work and offering suggestions to enhance risk management based on an enterprise-wide view of technology risk management
- Travel – up to 20%
We place high value on career-oriented individuals who embrace change and demonstrate creativity, high energy, and professional integrity with relevant experience.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: audit, technology risk management, information security, IT program management, application development, production management, technology governance, or availability management
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Account (CPA)
- Experience leading (auditor-in-charge) IT audit or risk management projects
- Proficient with a broad knowledge in the following information technology processes: application development, production management, information security and data governance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- 6+ years of IT Audit experience
- IT audit experience at a large financial institution or public accounting firm, or other organization that hosts a large and complex, high availability/high security environment
- BS/BA degree or higher in information systems
- CISSP Certification
- Demonstrated experience scoping and executing audits focused on mainframe, midrange and/or distributed platforms, with a strong understanding of the controls and technical requirements/considerations, including supporting tools, for these platforms
- Demonstrated experience scoping and executing audits focused on desktop and mobile platforms, with a strong understanding of the controls and technical requirements/considerations, including supporting tools, for these platforms
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience using IT control methodologies and standards, including knowledge of some of the following industry frameworks: COBIT, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, PCI-DSS, NIST and ITIL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.