At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit & Security is looking to fill an IT Senior Lead Auditor position to support the coverage of the various Line of Business application development and support teams, including evaluating systems development life cycle, change management, computer operations, and information security risks and controls focused primarily on the application and database layer. Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, lead technology-focused audit projects in various business lines (e.g. Wholesale, Wealth & Investment, Consumer Lending, Community Banking or Corporate Support) by identifying and assessing risks in business context related to the technologies and IT management processes and by developing audit tests designed to achieve audit objectives
- May execute some audit tests for the technology-focused audit projects on own audits or under the direction of another lead auditor, when technical expertise will maximize audit objectives
- When leading audits, develops and applies leadership and project management skills, by identifying project tasks and assigning them to audit resources and by ensuring that projects are executed according to budgets and schedules
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to less experienced auditors
- Develops and executes audit tests of IT general computer controls, interfaces and/or automated business controls based on scope and the relevant risk management processes and industry vendor best practices , documenting work in accordance with professional and corporate quality standards
- Exercises superior judgment when evaluating the business impact and significance of audit findings, identifying mitigating controls and other factors and assessing whether residual risks are consistent with risk tolerance and prudent risk management
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, develops audit reports and recommendations to improve control processes to executive management that clearly present audit results while considering the business context
- Develops valuable and trusting relationships with internal business partners by executing efficient audit work and offering suggestions to enhance risk management based on an enterprise-wide view of technology risk management
- Develops subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas ( e.g. web security, ITGCs, interfaces, etc.) and develops an understanding of business products, processes and drivers
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: audit, technology risk management, information security, IT program management, application development, production management, technology governance, or availability management
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Account (CPA)
- Experience leading (auditor-in-charge) IT audit or risk management projects
- Proficient with a broad knowledge in the following information technology processes: application development, production management, information security and data governance
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities within IT audit, technology risk management, or technology support experience
- Ability to adhere to and enforce strict work paper quality standards which includes ability to gather objective evidence to reach conclusions and document findings
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.