At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services is looking to fill IT Senior Lead Auditor positions within our Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG) to join our new ETAG Issue Validation (EIV) Team.
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG) focuses on executing audits of information technology throughout Wells Fargo. The new ETAG Issue Validation team is being formed to more effectively monitor and validate IT audit issues and MRAs across EIT and EIS.
As a Senior Lead Auditor on the EIV team, you will play an important and dynamic role in helping to establish this centralized issue validation function and offers exposure to the full portfolio of IT Audit issues and engagement with a wide variety of WFAS team members and business partners across EIT and EIS.
Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leads or participates in execution of IT audit issue monitoring and validation testing and provides subject matter knowledge/skills to evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal control solutions.
- Engages in other EIV team activities such as establishing issue management and validation processes, standards, and templates, portfolio monitoring and reporting, resource scheduling, quality assurance, or other tasks needed to establish and sustain the central EIV function.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of technology infrastructure, application development and maintenance, information security, and technology service processes.
- Assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans for issue validation with limited guidance. Documents work in accordance with professional and corporate quality standards.
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to less experienced auditors.
- Exercises superior judgment when evaluating the business impact and significance of audit findings, identifying mitigating controls and other factors and assessing whether residual risks are consistent with risk tolerance and prudent risk management.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism, presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner, writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions, escalates significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management, drafts final results, and presents technical information clearly and succinctly to a wide variety of audiences.
- Develops valuable and trusting relationships with internal business partners by executing efficient audit work and offering suggestions to enhance risk management based on an enterprise-wide view of technology risk management
- Travel – up to 20%
We place high value on career-oriented individuals who embrace change and demonstrate creativity, high energy, and professional integrity with relevant experience.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: audit, technology risk management, information security, IT program management, application development, production management, technology governance, or availability management
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Account (CPA)
- Experience leading (auditor-in-charge) IT audit or risk management projects
- Proficient with a broad knowledge in the following information technology processes: application development, production management, information security and data governance
- IT audit experience at a large financial institution or public accounting firm, or other organization that hosts a large and complex, high availability/high security environment
- BS/BA degree or higher in information systems, accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CISA, CISSP, CIA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Proficiency leading or executing audit tests and preparing high quality deliverables (prior issue validation experience a plus)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Executes in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to provide credible challenge and make difficult judgement calls on issue validation conclusions
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.