Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this Program Manager role you will work with a Life Sciences portfolio. This Life Sciences team has a set of tools that supports large amounts of Data.
- Managing project execution around systems, architecture and delivery of business value
- Responsible for multiple projects simultaneously. These will be capital projects involved in data management interfaces for a Big Data platform
- Heavily involved with setting up recurring status meetings with the business, fielding questions from the business, as well as handling issues that arise from the business
- Anticipating issues and acting proactively to address potential issues
- Gathering and updating project materials, completing budgeting, forecasting, project documentation, business flows, and lessons learned documents
- Speaking to details of the project to both the business and technical teams from beginning to end of all projects
- Obtaining maximum value from Information Technology project management services
- Utilizing organizational resources appropriately
- Management of key projects to ensure successful completion
- Managing cross-functional interdependencies
- Improving processes to optimize performance and value over time
- Providing risk management and issue/problem resolution as required
- Manage as appropriate, program information within the enterprise project management tools including Agile process management tools (i.e.,Planview, Rally)
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Project Management experience in a large enterprise environment Systems
- Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management
- Agile methodology experience
- Ability to build and manage relationships across a large enterprise
- Experience with managing financial aspects for a large budget program, communicating status and forecasts to business stakeholders
- Experience with enterprise project management tools such as Planview, Rally, Clarity, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master or SAFe certified
- Healthcare industry experience
- PMP Certification
- Exposure to multiple PM methodologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: project management, project manager, agile, gathering requirement, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota