Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap?
At UHC, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster.
We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
Positions in this function are involved in the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications plan, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architectures and applications.
Responsible for coordinating, administering and supporting activities related to data planning, data recovery and development and related projects. Includes all types of IT business architects as well as IT technical architects.
- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing architectural leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of overall experience in IT starting as a Software Developer and progressing into IT Architecture
- 8+ years of full-lifecycle application development experience
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- 4+ years of experience in building multi-tier applications using (applicable skill set here such as Java or .NET)
- Agile development experience
- Team leadership or team management experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Health care industry experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.