- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing architectural leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy. The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving, a fast paced environment, and actively participating in the development and delivery of software. This is a senior individual contributor position requiring a high level of technical expertise with knowledge of sound architecture design principals.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and architecture
- 6+ years of full-lifecycle application development experience. Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- 6+ years experience in building multi-tier applications using ASP.Net, SSIS, MS SQL Server
- Agile development experience
- Team leadership or team management experience
- CI/CD experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Sales, Marketing, Finance reporting related IT experience
- Cloud architecture
- Angular, .Net Core experience
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.