Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements.
This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Providing accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Provide support and leadership in critical production support issue resolution
- Support the team for application availability, reliability and stability on a 7 by 24 by 365 basis
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Work with business to prioritize production issue resolution.
- Work with business segments to better define project requirements for development and implementation
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Translate requirements into technical specifications
- Work with external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues.
- Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of IT Systems Analyst experience focused on Enterprise Software Support and Development
- 1+ years of experience as Second Tier Support Analyst or QA Analyst
- 1+ years of SQL Query Experience (Sybase/MSSQL/Oracle)
- Healthcare Industry Experience
- Cognizant Facets Application experience
- Sunguard Macess/EXP or Formworks Experience
- Healthcare EDI Experience
- Crystal Reports Experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Proficiency with MS Visio
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.