The IT Systems Engineer will be primarily responsible for oversight of the Office 365 suite of online services providing users a variety of tools that gives new ways to work and collaborate. In this role, the IT Systems Engineer will manage this environment and help users adopt these new capabilities on a global basis. This position will also work closely with other Network and System Analysts in support of general IT Infrastructure including but not limited to: Server 2012, Server 2016, Active Directory, group policy, backup technologies and disaster recovery.
- Drive user adoption and provide training resources
- Manage security configurations and monitor access
- Collaborate with various IT teams across all geographies to coordinate feature rollouts and facilitate issue resolution
- Maintain understanding of upcoming Microsoft changes to the platforms to assist with change management
- Implement and maintain system integrations, including Active Directory synchronizations and single sign on identity management solutions for third party applications
- Manage Microsoft subscriptions and cost allocations
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Experience in Office 365 administration and configuration of Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and other Microsoft collaboration tools
- Ability to perform common PowerShell scripts to maintain and query AD and MS online services
- Involvement with Windows Server 2012, 2016 administration and configuration
- Microsoft Office 2016 experience
- Familiarity with designing and deploying cloud-based systems
- Experience with configuring and administering Micrsoft Intune MDM
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years experience with IT and Network administration or related position
- Strong organiziational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Rochester, New York, United States