Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The ITSM Business Analyst will be responsible for reviewing IT processes in accordance to best practices. He or she should be a practitioner in the area, focused on IT Service Management functions, including but not limited to areas such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Service Catalog, Service Level Management, and Knowledge Management.
Identified and Contributes process evolution to develop and assist with implementation of continual service improvement cycles across all operational processes. Designs ITSM work flows as directed, creating efficiencies and delivery standards for all IT Service Management stakeholders.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Participates with cross functional teams that contribute to the definition of the processes, standards, and methodologies, as well as their adoption and governance
- Monitors and reports on adherence to defined ITSM processes
- Responsible for the identification of integration points with other processes. Ensures all integrated processes are fully documented, understood, and maintained
- Responsible for the identification of appropriate automation and process technology support to further process improvement within the environment
- Responsible for the creation of, manipulation of, and the analyses of applicable data as directed, as well as making recommendations for new metrics, KPIs, and additional reporting as directed
- Updates and maintains the IT Infrastructure Metrics Dashboard / Scorecard
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure ITSM processes are understood, adhered to, and improved
- Interpret metrics and participate in the development of appropriate actionable plans for the definition of a new and / or improvement of existing ITSM processes. This will include detailed tactical steps to drive the changes desired with clearly defined success criteria
- Maintains the Major Incident Management On-Call listing within ServiceNow
- Reviews Knowledge Articles for process compliance
- Demonstrates good judgment and logic in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience working within an IT Service Management organization in and ITSM process role
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Demonstrated experience and significantly advanced skillset with Microsoft Excel (formulas; pivot tables, data manipulation, reports, macros)
- Advanced SQL experience
- Advanced ITIL Certification
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Individual contributor with experience in the design, adoption, and governance of IT Service Management processes such as Incident Management, Knowledge Management, Asset Management, Configuration Management, and Change Management
- Significant Experience creating, analyzing, and publishing ITSM metrics
- Significant Experience with ITSM Service Catalog, Asset, and Configuration Management fundamentals and tracking
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to explain Data and Business Analyst tools and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with toolsets such as Power BI and Tableau
- Demonstrated initiative to build relationships, learn new business processes and identify opportunities
- Experience briefing senior management on ITSM analytics/reporting, and ability to speak in a manner to relay understanding to a non-technical audience, as well as the ability to explain reporting variances and methodology behind the analytics and reporting
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; Optum; ITSM Business Analyst; San Antonio, TX: IT Service Management; ITIL V3 Foundation Certification; Excel; SQL; data analyst; Power BI; Tableau