At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology (EIT) offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Consumer Lending Group (CLG) Page Image
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
In this position as an Application Systems Engineer 4, you will act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. You will be responsible for supporting a specific LOB within Consumer Lending by developing new and/or enhanced functionality for the applications utilized by the LOB, as well monitoring and participating in production support and release and deployment activities.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing highly complex business requirements designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Providing coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Acting as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Overseeing overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Developing new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leading projects, allocating and managing the team’s resources and the work of less experienced staff.
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area, as well as, overseeing creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Please note: This position can be based at the Wells Fargo site location in Eagan, MN. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Applicants should reside in or around the target area(s) or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Wells Fargo home lending technology experience
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending or consumer lending
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience using YUI2, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Tomcat
- Experience with Test Automation frameworks such as Selenium and JMeter
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
MN-Eagan: 1000 Blue Gentian Rd - Eagan, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.