Wells Fargo capital markets data services technology team is seeking a hands-on data services Sr. Java and SQL Server Developer (Application System Engineer) to work on Wells Fargo Market Risk data initiatives partnering/working closely with Wells Fargo Market Risk Technology Team (EMRT). Most of the data initiatives drive Wells Fargo Market Risk systems to perform valuations, simulations, aggregations and drive reporting of risk metrics and models on all the major assets classes: equities, bonds, commodities, currencies and their derivatives including structured products, CMBS/RMBS, credit derivatives, and volatilities, etc.
The open position is for a Senior Java and SQL Server Developer. This role would primarily be focused on application development, enriching and conforming data to common data structures. conduct interfaces with other systems, creates test data, perform unit testing and recommend solutions and process improvements to resolve problems in relation to different business requirement processes.
Duties to include:
- Design and implement highly distributed, scalable processes - Staging, Data Enrichments using Java & SQL, Strong data enrichment & delivery techniques using Java, Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, Autosys and Unix
- Identify key business processes and deliver subject specific ETL and enrichment processes to load physical data models for Comprehensive Data Structures for Market Valuations
- Perform data research, analysis, conceptual and logical data modeling to solve data issues, validate and document business data artifacts
- In-depth understanding of entity relationship design, data normalization & relational modeling techniques
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Support ongoing ETL efforts for Development, QA and Production environments.
- Experienced with code management, change management and deployment controls and processes.
- Pays attention to details and has strong communication skills both in verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively with peers and business users.
The work location is Charlotte, NC. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC with limited to no relocation assistance.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- 3+ years of Autosys experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1+ year of capital markets experience
- 1 + years of Wells Fargo application development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database designing schema, stored procedures, and views for performance with large data sets
- SQL experience
- PL/SQL experience
- 4+ years of performance tuning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business intelligence tools
- Knowledge and understanding of full life cycle software development
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: unit, regression, integration, and stress performance testing
- Experience with end-to-end testing of multiple applications
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 7+ years’ of overall Database information architecture, design, development and implementation experience in Relational and Dimensional databases
- 7+ years in database design and programming experience using SQL Server with thorough understanding of design patterns and their applications
- 7+ years of designing and implementing highly distributed, scalable, and performant back-end database processes - Staging, Data Enrichments and Strong data delivery techniques
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.