There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions -- solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone.
- Lead and mentor / guide software engineers within the team
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity.
- Ensure team follows best practices and improve application performance
- Influence peers without authority by inspiring them to use cutting edge tools and build best of the breed solutions
- Influence and increase the productivity of the team
- Drive Agile / SCRUM meetings and follow SCRUM methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- As a servant leader, help the Scrum execution team to make a smooth progress on delivering new functionality and at the end the release
- Plan and strategize with other key leaders including resource, technology and product-services planning
- Focus on execution of product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Drive some of the software engineering phases including requirements analysis, architecture & application design
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Triage production support issues post-deployment and drive solutions as required
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- 6+ years of Java or Object Oriented programming language experience
- 4+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies (such as JUnit, Spock, or similar)
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- 4+ years of experience in one or more ORM technologies (like Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership
- Understanding of non-functional system specifications and requirements
- Ability to document technical content
- Four year degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with APIs / microservices
- Experience performing code reviews
- Experience with Groovy
- Experience with Spock
- Experience implementing performant code and code optimization
- Experience working in an Agile CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) development environment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java Software Engineer, Java, Engineer, Lead Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota