Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this Java Software Engineer role, you will be part of agile delivery team, leveraging DevOps capabilities to deliver compelling user applications for consumption of Optum’s big data assets. You will primarily be focused on developing various parts of the consumption layer platform as assigned by development leadership and scrum masters. As a part of an agile team, you will be instrumental in fulfilling the vision of the product, from producing software components to exploring new technologies that may better fit our needs. This will range from systems design, interfacing with front-end frameworks, component re-use, and application integration capabilities. You will also be responsible for the development, testing and automation of the components required to deliver these solutions.
- Design and develop reusable web application capabilities that meet customer requirements while upholding high standards of reliability, security, maintainability, and performance
- You will lead solving complex problems and/or conduct complex analysis during design effort
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented development, loosely-coupled systems, usability, debugging, and configuration management
- Perform software quality assurance, including automated testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years in Information Technology in software development role
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering and/or object-oriented programming in Java
- 2+ years of working with IDEs such as JBoss, Eclipse or IntelliJ
- 1+ years of experience working in an agile/scrum process
- Proficiency in Github and Maven to manage source code and dependencies
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD, JUnit, test automation and Docker a plus
- Experience with MySQL or noSQL technologies a plus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs or RESTful web services a plus
- Experience with RallyDev, Jira or equivalent user story grooming tools
- Exposure to AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud capabilities a plus
- Experience and desire to work with open source technologies
- Disciplined, creative and engineering oriented mind set
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java, Software, Engineer, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota