At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Business Services Technology (EBST) group in PVSI & Community Bank Technology (CBT) has an exciting opportunity for a Java/Web Services developer who will be involved in developing, implementing and supporting incremental projects for enterprise releases. The position will be part of the development team working in several critical middleware applications like Enterprise Customer Profile & Referral (ECPR), Multi-Channel Interactions and Events (MCIE), to name a few. This application provides multiple web services, interacts with multiple SOR/back end systems, and communicates via SOAP/XML or JSON messaging over HTTP/s or MQ. As a senior developer, the person will gain a strong understanding of the systems, the end to end work flow, the technical architecture and the overall business functionality. This position designs, develops and unit tests SOAP/REST Java based web services (as a service provider);
Candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Creating WFXML based SOAP/XML schema and RAML API’s
- Creating high-performing SQL statements
- Development in Java 8
- Creating unit tests, necessary design documentation, participating in code reviews, and researching test and production issues.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SQL experience
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- JDBC experience
- JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- Linux experience
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Offshore application development process experience
- 1+ year of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Familiarity and/or working experience in EBST business service/data service applications is highly desired
- Working knowledge of Tomcat application server
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture, and Java design patterns
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.