Primary Location: MD-MDBaltimore-2525 Lord Baltimore Dr
Function:Training Education Services
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
Coaches vocational program participants, individuals referred for vocational services, and oversee community employment goals, vocational development goals, and related program functions. Implements Individual Service Plans and promotes vocational skill acquisition and independence of each program participant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Actively engage program participants by providing continuous coaching, feedback, and demonstration of skill development tasks. Participate in the process of matching program participants to employment or vocational opportunities.
- Provide required level of supervision, support, and safety awareness during routine and crisis occurrences. Uphold safety for all by use of safety equipment and proper safety techniques, as applicable.
- Assist in arranging and/or provision of appropriate transportation to job sites as necessary. Ensure program participants are appropriately groomed and attired for employment or task assignment.
- Implement individual service plan, individual goals, and ensures active engagement and participation of each participant is maintained.
- Monitor, consult, and provide constructive feedback to program participants regarding individual service plan goals, community employer expectations, and development of skills to obtain and maintain competitive employment.
- Provide work adjustment training to assist an employment client to improve work skills, work behaviors, interpersonal skills, and with ethics, to maintain employment.
- Promote positive communication with community contacts, community work site co-workers, county agencies, state agencies and state/corporate offices. May meet with employers, as required, to develop potential work opportunities for clients.
- Ensure a timely response to all requests for information, services, and documentation. Uphold confidentiality of information related to personnel and each individual served.
- Complete incident and accident reports in an objective, timely, and accurate manner, with proper notification to supervisor(s).
- Provide linkage to natural supports, community inclusion opportunities, and social opportunities for each individual.
- Complete annual and on-going training as required.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in human services preferred
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Maryland MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply today!