Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Job Coach for our STEP program in Lawrenceville, NJ to supervise and train consumers with developmental disabilities on how to acquire the skills needed to perform specific tasks, work routine, and personal life activities that are critical to successful employment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in employment/training or related field.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with individuals receiving supports
- Valid Driver’s License
- Teach the consumer independent job skills, requirements utilizing job task analysis, and job specific supports.
- Assist consumers in reinforcing essential skills or teaching new skills in developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with individuals at the job site, analyzing the job requirements and breaking it into manageable components that can be taught to the consumer.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training.
- Cultivate a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Communicate consumers’ progress to the employer and support people, including family, residential staff and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer