Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are seeking a Part-Time Job Coach in Manhattan, NY who will supervise and train consumers with developmental disabilities on how to acquire the skills needed to perform specific tasks, work routine, and personal life activities that are critical to successful employment.
- Teach the consumer independent job skills, requirements utilizing job task analysis, and job specific supports.
- Assist consumers in reinforcing essential skills or teaching new skills in developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with individuals at the job site, analyzing the job requirements and breaking it into manageable components that can be taught to the consumer.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training.
- Cultivates a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Communicate consumers’ progress to the employer and support people, including family, residential staff and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all documentation.
- Cooperates with internal and State investigations and inspections.
- High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in employment or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with individuals receiving supports
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Benefits: Medical, Dental
- 403b with employer match
- Special Insurance Discounts
- FREE Tele-a-Doc 24/4 Physician Services
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous paid time off after 3 months
- Opportunity for growth
- Various Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Stephan.Benjamin@comop.org
Please complete our online application!: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/COM1060COMOI/JobBoard/5cbca35a-adf1-993f-4fc9-41ad8639e2cb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9b6a68f8-011b-4ba2-b39e-94e6cdce5e79
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer