Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking Job Coaches for our STEP program in Princeton, NJ! The School to Employment Program (STEP) is a job training/transition program for high school students and young adults with special needs.
Help consumers with developmental disabilities acquire the skills needed to perform specific tasks and personal life activities that are critical to successful employment.
Full-Time and Part-Time shifts available from 8 am - 4 pm (flexible hours) at $11 per hour.
Job Coach Responsibilities:
- Teach the consumer independent job skills, requirements utilizing job task analysis, and job specific supports.
- Assist consumers in reinforcing essential skills or teaching new skills in developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with individuals at the job site, analyzing the job requirements and breaking it into manageable components.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training.
- Cultivate a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Communicate consumers’ progress to the employer and support people, including family, residential staff and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all documentation.
- High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in employment/training or related field
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with individuals receiving supports
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Staff may be responsible for transporting individuals in their own vehicle
What We Offer:
- Competitive Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs.
- 403b Retirement Plan.
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer