Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Loyd's Liberty Homes
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Job Developer with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. In this role you will develop connections to employers and agencies and secures competitive community based jobs for adults referred for vocational support service. The Job Developer in this position will provide training and build skills with the individuals in the program with the goal of finding employment and/or volunteer opportunities. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have a passion for working with people and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Working directly with individuals in program for training and development of the necessary skills needed to find and keep an employment and/or volunteer position, such as training on interview modeling and training, resumes and emailing, job hunting, proper hygiene and dress for the job site, work ethic, social skills, job safety, etc.
- Proactively research and seek out community resources, employers, vocational and educational opportunities that will lead to paid or volunteer positions for individuals in program.
- Assess and evaluate individual’s abilities and goals to determine how to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Make recommendations and contribute to Individual Service Plans for those individuals in the program receiving services, specifically related to the employment goals of the individual
- Build and maintain positive rapport with individuals in program, employers and volunteer coordinators, and represent the program while in the community.
- Contacts community based employers, as an employment specialist to secure paid employment and volunteer educational opportunities for referred individuals.
- Researches and recommends community employment sites and activities, completes vocational assessments, conducts site evaluations and provides follow up as indicated.
– One of the following options:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred OR
- 5 years of experience in a human services delivery system including two years’ experience in job development.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services and compliance with regulations
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must Pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the families you bring onboard
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a part of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.