Primary Location: CA-CAVictorville-16519 ViCtor St
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job, but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Description As a Job Developer with Cole Vocational Services, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in our day program settings. We seek an energetic and creative person who can successfully develop connections with employers and agencies to secure competitive community based jobs for adults attending our day programs throughout San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Networks with employers to develop potential work opportunities for assigned consumers.
• Professionally represents the program while in the community, and ensures individual rights.
• Contacts community based employers, to secure paid employment for referred individuals.
• Conducts vocational assessments by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with consumer goals.
• Conducts career exploration and vocational opportunities by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals goals.
• Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment.
• Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and supports, and ensures appropriate communication with planning team.
• Attends individual’s related meetings to support consumers and ensure their rights.
• Contributes to Individual Service Plans for consumers who currently have paid and/or volunteer jobs as well as consumers with job development goals and objectives.
• Ensures consumer safety by providing training to direct support staff on appropriate supervision at job sites.
• Supervises consumers with paid and volunteer jobs, including performance evaluations, scheduling and training consumers in their jobs/jobsites.
• Conduct presentations regarding employment opportunities.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services related field OR at least three years’ experience providing support to individuals with intellectual and development disabilities, including at least one year in a comparable program.
• Minimum one year of career services experience evaluating the employment needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, and providing individual and customized job development and placement.
• Strong counseling and coaching skills.
• Experience in assessing work experience, educational attainment, transferable skills, aptitudes, abilities, needs, interests, readiness for employment, and barriers that hinder employment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; possess abilities to work with all levels of employees and diverse populations.
• Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR Family Home Agency is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!