Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a Junior Applications Developer, you would work as a part of a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies.
Positions in this function are predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Develop new and / or enhance existing application or system code as assigned or provided in technical specifications
- Perform the day to day functions such as running of existing programs, applications, jobs, reviewing logs for errors, writing or editing software and code, performing testing activities, and updating documentation
- Coordinate activities with other technical and functional areas as required
- Work may include sensitive healthcare information, data, trends, or claims
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience with SQL with ability to write queries
- Experience with Microsoft Word (ability to create documents), Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, analyze data), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create presentations)
- Experience with BI Tools
- Knowledge of UNIX environment
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Health Care Industry experience with Pharmacy knowledge
- Pharmacy and / or Medical claims
- DBA skills and experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.