When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Avella fill a unique and important role. Avella, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for the management of tolvaptan patients, therapy used for autosomal polysystic kidney disease (APKD) and funded by Otsuka Pharmaceuticals. Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Affairs, the clinical nurse is responsible for managing a tolvaptan patient population per the contract with Otsuka. The clinical nurse will also serve as a liaison between physicians, patients and Avella staff to ensure optimal patient care. The nurses responsibilities include patient telephonic contact, documentation of interactions, coordination of care with providers, and working with Avella operational staff to ensure compliance with medication REMS, data, and clinical management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide nursing care to APKD patients per Avella’s SOPs
- Responsible for assuring participant safety - interviews patients and documents adverse events, concomitant medications, and follows patient assessments
- Reports all adverse drug events internally to Avella’s Drug Safety Team as soon as event is reported
- Involved in new and unique treatment and patient care programs
- Identify the patient’s problems, formulate ways to take care of them and monitor the care being given
- Collaborates with external clients, such as, but not limited to; nurses, prescribers, payors, and manufacturers
- Makes adjustments to patient care plans to suit individual requirements
- Maintain patients’ data
- Conduct follow–ups with patients under their care
- Present reports, documentation and other data to the Clinical team
- Perform yearly evaluations on all direct reports per companion policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited NLN/CCNE institution
- 2 years of professional nursing experience in patient care
- Current Nursing License in Good Standing in the practicing state
- Proven ability to provide highly skilled care to patients.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate good listening skills
- Must remain professional in a high stress work environment at all times.
- Must stay current on care methods for research participants.
- Knowledgeable of clinical trials and data management.
- Exceptional computer skills required (MS Office Suite).
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.