- Provide pharmacy care to APKD patients per Avella’s SOPs
- Provides pharmacy services to patient and medical practitioners. Fills prescriptions, dispenses medicines, counsels patients and medical practitioners regarding the nature and use of drugs
- Acts as primary operational pharmacist completing verification of data and product on rotating schedule
- Provides answers to clinical questions from inbound callers and pharmacy support staff
- Completes outbound calls to patients and medical practitioners related to necessary clarification of prescriptions
- Assists with medication therapy management patient consultations
- Oversees the preparation and dispensing of prescription medications to patients or medical practitioners
- Oversees the preparation of all necessary records on prescriptions, patient charges
- Follows established policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of the use, clinical effects, and composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties
- Required to complete examination and obtain pharmacist license(s) in additional states as required supporting mail order operations
- Additional tasks may be assigned upon discretion of pharmacist in charge
- Availability to staff Saturday business hours and provide on-call coverage at Deer Valley facility on rotating basis
- Pharmacist 1 (Operations) requires an average 45 hour work week
- Perform yearly evaluations on all direct reports per companion policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy license in good standing in the state in which they are practicing
- 3+ years of experience as a licensed Pharmacist
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to supervise support staff and ensure an efficient work flow
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Commitment to company values and the ability to be a strong team player
- Must possess a professional appearance and possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to look at prescriptions for extended periods of time and ensure accuracy in the input and filling of the prescription and make corrections if needed
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.