Co- Responsible for the overall efficient operation of The Grand Hotel Canyon Star Steakhouse kitchen. Majority of time will consist of actively cooking, prepping, storing, labeling, checking temps, organizing coolers and receiving orders in addition will be responsible for administrative duties such as; developing prep lists, recipes, specs and ordering.Responsibilities
- Enforce all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC F & B Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Enforce all Department Standards including Uniform, Hygiene and Food Sanitation.
- Enforce County, Serv-Safe and HACCP food sanitation program for entire food and beverage kitchen staff.
- Ensure compliance of all assigned staff to EHS procedures such as the wearing personal protective equipment and SDS location.
- Maintain and review temperature logs on daily basis.
- Complete Accident Reports thoroughly and communicate with the Risk Manager in a timely manner.
- Apply thorough knowledge of food preparation, including organization of menu production in all food and beverage outlets with the focus of maintaining food quality, spec consistency and plate presentation.
- Ordering, rotation, storage and inventory of all food products, with the goal of cross- utilization of all product and waste, theft and spoilage control while staying within budget.
- Work with the BOH Management team to oversee production to achieve food, BOH labor and operational costs without sacrificing quality and perceived value for our guests.
- Schedule all kitchen personnel, keeping in mind business levels, labor budget, projections and staffing levels.
- Administrative duties include daily approving and review of all BOH employees through Kronos.
- Keeps an open line of communication with General Manager regarding nonfood purchases.
- Assist making recommendations for the Kitchens capital expenditures annually.
- Communicate openly and professionally with the BOH, FOH Managers, and General Manager.
- Compose annual evaluations of all BOH hourly personnel and counsel with Co-Managers, General Manager and HR Manager. Complete in a timely manner.
- Administer corrective action as necessary and counsel with General Manager and HR Manager on corrective action for all kitchen employees as needed.
- Participate with HR Managers in selection and hiring of BOH staff.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are reported promptly and follow-up on requests.
- Follow up daily on Company Environmental program to ensure proper thawing, recycle program and education of staff.
- To know proper evacuation procedures and execute in an efficient, timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development.
- Must have working knowledge of a kitchen with the ability to train kitchen positions in all areas of operation, from ala carte preparation/presentation to batch cooking to prep work to entry level kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
- Experience in menu development, food production records, scheduling employees and inventory/cost controls.
- Ability to pass Serv-Safe food sanitation course and assist training the staff on the program.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) software to communicate effectively; to approve Kronos, develop menus and document food production and employee records.
- Ability to quickly assess productivity levels for the prep cooks and dish area.
- Must be able to successfully complete Coconino County Health Department’s Food Managers course within 30 days.
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.