Department:OH1MH_19000_002 Clinical Laboratory Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Laboratory Assistant, Moderate Complexity Testing receives and distributes specimens to the appropriate laboratory section. Processes and prepares specimens for testing and send out. Produces reports for faxing or delivery as needed and communicates appropriate information to the health care team. Ensure accurate registration and placement of test orders with all information required.
- Establishes, maintains and improves strong positive relationships with the medical staff, the public, other Mount Carmel Health departments and own department staff.
- Accurately receives specimens sent/brought to the laboratory, processing in the most appropriate manner for the department or shift assigned.
- Collects specimens utilizing professional and accepted practices; labels specimens accurately.
- Prepares all specimens for send out to Reference Laboratories.
- Records and reports MODERATELY COMPLEX OR WAIVED test results accurately and promptly.
- Performs and interprets quality control testing following established guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of medical terminology is desirable. Previous experience in health related field preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Detail oriented; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively function in stressful situations and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.