Department:OH1MH_19086_006 Clinical Laboratory Mcgc
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
- Responsible for quality and standards of laboratory testing, performance improvement, program management, business operations, budget and resource utilization, and management development for designated areas
- Ensures financial performance and profitability through the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets and department contracts
- Oversees and directs quality monitoring for designated area, focusing on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory compliance, risk management, and continuous quality and process improvement program
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all stakeholders and community organizations to promote service to all customers. Fosters and environment that ensures designated areas have the information necessary to function optimally
- Works with our Chief Pathologist, Medical Directors and Laboratory Administrative team to create and promote a safe, high quality service oriented environment for physicians, patients and colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field required
- Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible leadership in hospital and/or commercial laboratory
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to develop and implement a shared vision for laboratory services
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll lead a team of talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.