A Laundry Attendant provides guests with good quality linen product used in lodging and food and beverage operations.
- Operate washers, washer/extractors, and drying tumblers according to laundry procedures.
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Monitor all equipment for correct operation.
- Monitor chemical injections and chemical inventories according to laundry procedures.
- Keep the wash deck and tunnel area clear of linens on the floor. Keep emptied bins neat and organized.
- Follow proper safety practices as specified by laundry management including lockout-tagout, and personal protective equipment such as chemical protective gear.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
- Basic computer skills helpful, including the ability to start and stop computer-controlled equipment.
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to plan production sequences, coordinate production through multiple stages, and coordinate with the finish floor to optimize overall production.
- Mechanical skills, including the ability to start and stop equipment, set appropriate cycles and formulas, and monitor proper operation.
- Basic accounting skills, including the ability to maintain production logs.