Work in all phases of main laundry operation and adhere to a strict wash schedule to meet production needs.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.Prepare linen for laundering, including sorting, counting, folding, pressing, and stocking and preparing for delivery.
- Accurately weigh linen for washing
- Load and unload washers and dryers.
- Meet daily shift production standards of generating clean linens so as not to delay housekeeping.
- Follow proper equipment operating procedures to insure maximum efficiency, and notify Laundry Manager of any equipment malfunctions.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental procedures in the lifting, loading and handling of linens, use of detergents and cleaners.
- Wear required personal protective equipment while performing tasks.
- Utilize strict adherence to risk management procedures in handling biohazard designated linens.
- Monitor chemical levels and change out drums when necessary.
- Help in laundry floor duties as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position including bending, twisting, lifting, and standing for long periods of time, including the ability to lift 50-75lbs and push or pull 200-250lbs of laundry, wet and dry throughout the shift.
- Ability to meet production standards.