DescriptionThe Lead Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Lead Application Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Role: Lead Application Architect (Application Automation & Infrastructure)
Location: Louisville, KY
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Join the Clinical IT development organization, a part of Solutions Engineering, as we pioneer and refine our Carehub clinical platform in alignment with Humana’s Healthcare Services segment to benefit clinicians and the members they serve. Partner with Clinical Technology & Capabilities, domain architects, and other key stakeholders to translate business needs into system architecture and design specifications that are forward-thinking, scalable, robust, and valuable. Exploit opportunities to define standards, streamline development processes, and model quality software development behaviors in conjunction with other members of the technology leadership team. Direct key application lifecycle management/DevOps initiatives for simplified deployment and release engineering outcomes. Oversee infrastructure tracking as we transition to a microservice based application architecture, including cloud capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years of Architecture experience
- Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft ASP.NET hosting environments, particularly IIS 8.5 and above including configuration
- Ability to express complex application and infrastructure architectures in both visual and written formats to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with the utilization or creation of technical standards and documentation for build and deployment processes
- DevOps CI/CD pipeline construction with industry recognized tools such as Jenkins, TFS, or Bamboo
Scheduled Weekly Hours40