DescriptionThe Lead Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Lead Application Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Role: IIB (IBM Integration Bus Architect)
Location: Louisville, KY (preferred) but open to WAH from anywhere in the US
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Technology Applications Architect who will: develop a comprehensive understanding of Humana’s organizational structure and business needs, translating those demands into system architecture and design specifications. You will examine existing technology, interface with internal customers and external vendors, and continually develop technical improvements.
- Partner with Humana’s internal architecture team to develop an understanding of current implementations of web application standards, map existing applications to data sources, and identify problematic data issues
- Map requirements of partner architecture, define technical solutions based on those requirements, and create and document a migration path for existing applications as they transition to a reference architecture implementation
- Translate system requirements into technical architectures and designs
- Assist in the creation of functional use-cases, participating in JAD sessions with business and IT stakeholders, developing supporting artifacts and constructing abstraction models
- Create design models for web and data services and presentation components
- BS Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 5-10 years of IIB (IBM Integration Bus) experience
- Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of .NET & Java specifications, framework and design patterns
- IIB, able to build complex IIB solutions using Pub/Sub methodology, orchestration, aggregation.
- Experience with auditing functionalities for integrated platforms using MQ Support and scripting.
- Experience designing and configuring resilient and scalable, load balanced MQ clusters for complex integration applications which need high TPS.
- Experience implementing error handling frameworks using IIB and DataPower.
- DataPower, with the ability to write gateway scripts.
- Core Java and ANT Script proficiency
- Experience using and configuring ITXA
- Practical experience with Web Services – REST, SOAP
- Experience with SSO authentication across multiple services and platforms.
- API management platforms – any API platform experience (IBM API Connect)
- Experience with ODM applications
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools
- Familiarity with NoSQL, MongoDB and other modern data stores.
- Experience using DevOps tools for CI-CD
- Experience implementing Cloud-based IIB solutions
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40