DescriptionThe Lead Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Lead Application Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Provide advanced technical expertise related to enterprise business intelligence tools, practices and methodologies. Establish development, testing and escalation standards for all BI development. Ensure the BI technical infrastructure is secure and adequately scaled to support anticipated user and data volumes. Mentor and lead BI developers.
BI Systems Development and Integration Accountabilities
50% - Provide architectural guidance for BI Information System application integration, development and maintenance.
20% - Assist business owners in recognizing opportunities and defining requirements to leverage data through BI tools and dashboards
20% - Propose and develop innovative new methods and techniques to improve operational effectiveness of new and existing systems.
Project and Change Management Accountabilities
5% - Utilize Project Portfolio Management Methodology
5% - Utilize Formal Change Management Process
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/Computer Science, technical area preferred or technical training equivalent
- Five or more years of progressive information technology experience, with a focus on Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, Cognos, Microstrategy, etc.
- Extensive Data Architecture experience, especially as it relates to OLAP cubes, data lakes, star/snowflake schemas, etc.
- Proven analytical, technical and communications skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface successfully with many different personalities
- Project Management experience
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Our Department of Defense contract requires US Citizenship for this role
- 5+ years Healthcare Experience
- Experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server databases, Azure Cloud-based services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40