DescriptionThe PSM Lead Application Architect is the PSM advocate engaged in system architecture definition and reviews, design reviews, strategic platform guidance for stability and supportability, defining and driving support and monitoring automation strategies, defining and driving SLA measurement and adherence strategies, and a leader in SQL Server performance management.
Title: Production Support and Maintenance (PSM) Lead Application Architect
Assignment: Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Louisville, KY
The Production Support and Maintenance (PSM) Lead Application Architect represents the PSM team in the Humana architecture community and champions the Site Reliability Engineering practices and principals in the Humana Pharmacy solution strategy. Responsibilities include engagement in the strategic planning for products/systems/services performing architecture reviews, design reviews, and specification reviews. Leads SQL Server performance management for very high volume systems. Engaged in the adoption and implementation of Humana Pharmacy’s cloud migration strategy. Engaged in the assessment of the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision. A member of a production support team that provides 24x7 operational support.
- Engage with the architecture team to contribute to the overall solution strategies and project/application architectures across all pharmacy fulfillment applications
- Drive SQL performance improvement planning and prioritization for a very high volume SQL Server DB
- Participate in design reviews and ensure solutions are supportable, scalable, resilient, etc.
- Mentor the issue analysis team and guide their continued quality and productivity improvements
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- 8+ experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Expertise in SQL Server design for performance, system analysis, and performance tuning
- Required technology experience:
- SQL Server
- Multi-tiered application architectures
- System availability and performance monitoring tools
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience supporting production applications
- Prior project lead experience
Preferred technology experience:
- Cloud applications
- The team provides 24x7 production support coverage
- PSM Mindset – Focus on operational stability, maintainability, supportability, and scalability
Scheduled Weekly Hours40