BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Lead Application Development Analyst
- Use BJ’s standard project Life-cycle management methodology to manage project deliverables.
- Lead discovery activities with business partners to understand objectives, business process impacts, possible system needs and alignment to BJ’s strategy.
- Lead development of models, tests and prototypes to assure reliability, maintainability, and availability objectives can be met for complex solution components.
- Author technical designs and review those produced by others within and outside of the department.
- Lead a project’s architectural review for a subsystem, application, or suite of applications.
- Assist with the design of interfaces to and from SAP.
- Configure, create or modify highly complex programs, modules, routines, scripts, applications, configurations, and data objects from a detailed design where performance, efficiency, and reliability that are critical to the entire system.
- Lead advanced and complex configuration and integrations for packaged applications. This may include functional requirements and technical designs.
- Participate in rotational on-call support.
- Provide technical direction for members of the test team and interface with design team throughout System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases. Test case creation may also be required.
- Coordinate system installation, maintenance and defect resolution for large and/or complex WMS or TMS implementations.
- Serve as the primary interface to the business units and other IT teams regarding significant system changes to our supported systems (WMS and TMS), as well as changes to other systems that may impact the WMS or TMS.
- Define complex production operations and support procedures and policies.
- Develop strategies for continuous improvement of operational performance.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Business or a related field. Experience must include five (5) years of technical experience with Warehouse Management Systems, three (3) years of experience implementing and upgrading the WMS and TMS software to the large-scale distribution centers, three (3) years of experience in process improvement to minimize the incidents, improve the system stability and automate systems to self-run with less production support and two (2) years of experience in supporting and maintaining Warehouse productivity tools. Experience may be gained concurrently.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.