Wells Fargo Treasury, Merchant, and Payments Services Technology team is seeking an Applications Systems Engineer. You will be responsible for leading the production support team to handle the activities needed to support a high volume commercial card application.
You will work with vendors and internal developers to coordinate problem resolution and releases. You will demonstrate strong partnership abilities and lead activities working with Architecture, Security, Business, and other Technology groups as needed to address defects, remediation of short and longer term issues in software, coordinate patching activities and related activities.
- Act as a technical lead to lead and resolve complex technical issues related to technology and business domain involved.
- Influence management on technical or business solutions.
- Lead teams across and multi-task.
- Provide direction to less experienced staff on short-term and long-term solutions to fix software or customer pressing issues.
- Develop documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists, best practices and How-to guides for peers and subordinates.
- Assuresquality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees project and release rollout to production.
- Act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by evaluating current processes and recommending solutions extend current capabilities
- Provide leadership to offshore production support team.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of application production support experience
- 7+ years of batch testing experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 7+ years application development and support experience on Java/J2EE applications
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring tools, including one or more of the following: Introscope, AppDynamics, or Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Demonstrated project coordination or facilitation experience
- Previous experience coordinating application support, readiness or releases
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams, which may include domestic and offshore resources
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- 2+ years of Apache experience
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- 1+ years of Web Services experience
- 1+ Years of familiarity with Splunk Logging
- Ability to work on call as assigned
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.