Do you enjoy working with children and adolescents? Available to work afternoons, evenings and weekends?
If you answered YES to these questions, then consider joining Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health’s Autism Services program as a Lead Applied Behavior Analysis Tutor!
Being a Lead Applied Behavior Analysis Tutor has its advantages!
As a Lead Applied Behavior Analysis Tutor (ABA Tutor) at Devereux you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer flexible schedules that work around your availability, competitive salary, mileage reimbursement, extensive training on using ABA procedures to teach new skills, training and supervision to help you work towards your RBT, BCaBA, and BCBA certifications!
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Arizona provides programs and services for children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum disorder. Located throughout the Phoenix area, our ABA Tutors provide high quality one-on-one ABA treatment for individuals with Autism spectrum disorder and related developmental disabilities. We work in our clients’ home, center, school, and community environments to provide the highest quality services and meet our client needs.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with individuals to decrease undesired behaviors through discrete trial teaching, natural environment teaching, prompting strategies, data collection, and behavior reduction interventions
- Implementing lessons to improve communications, social, play, and self-help skills
- Activities include, implementing lessons to improve communication, social, play, and self-help skills; managing maladaptive behavior as it occurs during sessions
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work! http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: Applied Behavior Analysis Tutor, ABA Tutor, Autism, Autism spectrum, developmental disabilities, behavioral health, children, youth, Behavioral Analysis, Behavioral Therapist, Registered Behavior Technician, RBT, behavior therapist
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification required; Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) preferred.
- Six (6) months of experience with ABA procedures and their application to individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities; one (1) year of experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills necessary with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Full or Part time flexible schedule
- Weekend hours available
- Work hours range from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Emphasis on afternoon availability
- Minimum of 15 hours per week
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
- RBT training provided
- RBT supervision provided
- BCaBA and BCBA practical experience and supervision available