DescriptionThe Lead, Business Technology Leadership devises an effective strategy for executing and delivering on IT business initiatives. The Lead, Business Technology Leadership works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead, Business Technology Leadership acts as a liaison and collaborates with the business and functional stakeholders to identify and deliver strategic enablement solutions. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
• Builds and maintains relationships with business leaders to understand the organization’s business strategy and needs, to proactively advocate technology solutions to deliver results, and drive the businesses satisfaction with IT. Act as a trusted conduit – the voice of the customer to IT and the voice of IT to the customer, ensuring the objectives of both parties are met.
• Remains current with industry and technology trends, the future direction of associated technologies. Possesses solid understanding of business functional areas processes, existing and emerging business functional area focused technologies and how applications are leveraged across the enterprise to share best and standard practices.
• Acts as a single point of contact for the business strategic issues, and as a liaison between information services teams and the business partners..
• Improves business awareness of existing and potential IT Services to enable transparency and unprecedented levels of value and customer satisfaction.
• Manages and provides details on IT budget, cost, value, and opportunities to optimize IT spend (initiatives and support services)
• Influence business leaders to make key strategic business decisions with business capability building integral to their planning operations including key IT vendors, relationships and technologies.
• Work with the business to develop a robust business case, with business value identified and metrics used to track value delivery, for each proposed project for cost-benefit and post project
• Leads a team that combines a general knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to define and document the business requirements, including pre-project definition, scoping, and prioritization of solutions aligned to desired business and technology strategies.
• End to end accountability for the ongoing quality control development and delivery of IT products and services for each assigned business area. Accountable for program execution and delivery in line with initiative objectives, benefits, and success criteria. Develops, shares, and leverages best practices across IT
• Leads a team that gathers business requirements and clarifies scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
• Ensures alignment with the IT solution center, monitors that the solution center is meeting the partner’s expectations.
• Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders, team members, and peers not in your direct control, to deliver optimal solutions in line with the best interests and expectations of the business partner.
- Bachelor's degree
- Solid understanding of operations, technology, communications and processes
- Possess 10+ years of progressive experience leading continuous improvement efforts, evaluating existing systems and implementing process improvements.
Directly applicable IT experience
Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Master's degree
Prior experience in the health solutions industry
Experience with resource management and managing direct reports (matrixed or direct reports)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40