is one of 4 businesses under . OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
was founded in 1999 and acquired by in 2011, specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing ., the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
- Assist Clinical Operations Leadership Team in monitoring of all daily tasks completed within the Clinical Operations Department.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding electronic processing of medical information within an internal database.
- Perform QA of various medical services.
- Evaluate and approve medical order requests and determine appropriate Disability Benefit
- Questionnaires (DBQs) to assign for identified health conditions indicated on order requests
- per the contract requirements.
- Ongoing communication within Clinical Operations Department and other LHI departments to ensure claims files are received timely.
- Effectively complete bookmarking for medical claims file.
- Communicate with a diverse group of people/disciplines while serving as a point of contact (POC) for internal and external entities.
- Monitor, manage and prioritize all Clinical Operations order related tasks for this role to facilitate controlled workflow to meet or exceed contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Vocational or technical education: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Medic, Medical Assistant (MA) or Corpsman, or completion of the Clinical Upskilling program
- 1+ years experience in a clinical setting or clinical operations role
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting)
- Knowledge of medical documentation and medical terminology
- Must be able to work a shift schedule from Wednesday - Saturday from 7:30am to 6:00pm
- 1+ years leadership and/or lead experience in a clinical setting or clinical operations role
- Occupational health and behavioral health experience
- Database education/experience
- ICD coding experience
- Experience reporting statistical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to work with a diverse group of people/disciplines at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to prioritize projects, meet critical deadlines; and multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LHI, La Crosse, WI, LPN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Medic, Medical Assistant, MA, Corpsman, Clinical Upskilling, Clinical, Clinical Operations, Medical Terminology