Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and general customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct customer interaction utilizing alternative methods, such as mail, email or live chat. Answers and works to resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions.
- Work does not usually require established procedures.
- Works independently.
- Mentors others.
- Acts as a resource for others.
- Coordinates others' activities.
- As a Lead Correspondence Representative, you will outreach to members to support retention goals through phone and during member events.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Educating new members how to navigate their benefits and to utilize our offered services.
- Remind and guide members to see their doctor to get recommended tests and health care checkup screenings.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word (create and edit documents), Excel (editing and creating spreadsheets), Outlook (mail and calendar)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience working in Managed Care.
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in the New York City area.
- Bilingual in both English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) highly preferred
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, healthcare, Lead Representative, New York