BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Performing general warehouse activities including: (1) accurately receiving and unloading trailers, physical breakdown of merchandise, building and stretch wrapping of pallets; (2) shuttling merchandise from receiving to shipping, laydown and storage areas; (3) loading of product into shipping trailers; (4) coordinating inbound and outbound storage freight; (5) sorting and distributing pallets to be utilized within the warehouse; (6) using hand held units to verify merchandise being distributed; and (7) operating powered equipment including: forklift, pallet jack, tugger and clamp attachments. Overall lead responsibilities include (1) assisting shift supervisor with directing team members work assignments; (2) researching and resolving inventory variances; and (3) training new hires and temporary associates on proper work procedures as well as complying with safety programs; and verifying and approving trailer seal discrepancies.
- General warehouse duties to support laydown, receiving, crossdock, shipping, pallets, storage and QA areas of the distribution center. Ability to operate forklift and other powered equipment essential to the position.
- Consult with the shift supervisor to determine daily work assignments based on volume. Assign tasks to team members that support daily plan. Communicate among peers. Monitor productivity and adjust work assignments as needed.
- Positively and proactively work with your team. Listen to your team and lead by example. Have good leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Train new hires and temporary associates on the proper procedures for handling freight safely. Research and resolve inventory variances and respond to team members questions and issue.
- Systemic control of all products through the use of the Warehouse Management System (WMS). Ensure all pallet movements are scanned in and out of location maintaining an accurate audit trail.
- Willing to work in all areas of the warehouse as the workload dictates.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. without assistance. Must be able to work within warehouse environment which includes exposure to heat, cold, noise and dust.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs without assistance. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment which includes heat, cold, noise, dust.
- When needed must be able to stand, bend, lift, or work with powered equipment for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess good communication skills.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.