Lead Customer Service Representative
The Lead Customer Service Representative provides assistance to Customer Service Reps as well as over-the-phone assistance to our customers. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Lead Customer Service Representative responsibilities include:
- Provides superior customer service to all callers. Assist with the escalated calls.
- Answers calls when needed.
- Meets or exceeds established performance requirements.
- Accurately enters data into software system, consistently documents notes and pertinent information.
- Knowledgeable of First Transit policies and procedures. Disseminates accurate information to callers and consistently follows policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations and Procedure Manual. Remains informed by reviewing policy and procedure on a continuous basis.
- Adheres to work schedule in order to handle the call volume and meet contractual requirements. Remains logged in and in a ready state to handle calls.
- Reports to work on time and is ready to answer the calls at a scheduled time. Remain flexible with break and lunch schedule.
- Monitors CSR calls and provides coaching.
- Walks the floor to assist Customer Service Representatives.
- Train new hires and provide retraining as necessary. Ensures CSRs have accurate and up to date information.
- Consistently updates training manual and ensure CSRs have the most current version
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Lead Customer Service Representative requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with interdepartmental personnel.
- Positive attitude and sensitivity in dealing with customer needs using proper telephone etiquette as outlined in the operations and procedure manual.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to utilize a standard business telephone system for communication.
- Able to operate a computer; proficient in excel.
- Communicate clearly in English.
- 1 year of Lead CSR or supervisor experience required.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.