The Lead Data Warehouse Developer utilizes expert knowledge in data modeling, relational database design, data management, extract/transform/load (ETL) software development, and ETL optimization to create and maintain data warehouses/marts used in support of enterprise applications and business processes. This role has a key responsibility to lead the design of data management solutions that support the current needs of the enterprise while identifying new technology solutions that meet emerging data warehousing needs and enable future growth capability for the enterprise.
- Collaborates with business partners and IT analysts in the review and analysis of customer requests for new or modified data warehouse data/capabilities, ensuring conformance to enterprise information management standards and processes (e.g., governance, archiving, metadata, master data, data quality)
- Designs data flows, data models, data transformation logic, and data management processes and capabilities (e.g., governance, archiving, metadata, master data, data modeling, data quality)
- Documents technical designs based on business requirements and functional designs, develops and executes applicable test plans and scenarios, and oversees applicable testing processes
- Provides expert analysis and proactive communication of the impact to the data warehouse of data source changes (i.e., upstream) as well as the impact of data warehouse changes to downstream systems and data consumers
- Reviews and approves the task-level work and deliverables of Data Warehouse Developers and/or Sr. Data Warehouse Developers (e.g., design reviews, code reviews, etc.) to ensure compliance to standards and improve quality.
- Serves as an expert resource regarding the operations and performance of the data warehouse. Monitors performance of the data warehouse against service level expectations, triages service incidents, and proactively develops solutions to maintain operational performance
- Performs a major role in the development and implementation of complex data processing systems. This role may interface with multiple business units such as accounting / finance, claims, medical management, and executive management
- Works with functional managers and project managers to review, analyze, develop and update estimates for level of effort, timelines, dependencies and deliverables for individually assigned projects as well as those assigned to the data warehouse development team
- Tracks progress and notifies management of issues that require escalation, and assumes responsibility for resolving or coordinating the resolution of system and process issues
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field required. (Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years experience in data analysis, systems analysis and design of transactional systems and/or programs, and documenting technical specifications
- 5+ years of strong ETL experience, SQL SSIS experience, SQL Server experience, T- SQL experience, Visual Studio, and SQL & Query Tuning
- 4+ years experience with dynamic SQL, index creation and management, job scheduling tools, and large volume batch processing
- 3+ years of experience leading technical projects or teams
- Experience with various system development lifecycles such as waterfall, RUP, and Agile methods
- Background in the healthcare industry
- Experience with healthcare data management
- Experience with table partitioning, column store indexing, and database replication
- Experience with data quality and master data management tools and processes
- Experience with ITIL service management processes and framework
- Advanced degree in a related discipline preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and problem solutions
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.