DescriptionThe Lead, Database Administration manages and maintains all production and non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. The Lead, Database Administration works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Role: Lead, Database Administration
Assignment: Humana Government Business - IT
Location: Louisville, KY
Provide Database Administration expertise related to enterprise MS SQL Server platforms, Analytics Platform Services MPP-based data warehousing appliance and MS Azure-based database environments. Work with the Manager, Database Administration and developers to perform database installation, maintenance and upgrades. Also work with development teams to help deploy the database components of their systems into Test, QA and Production environments. Understand and adhere to development, testing and escalation standards for all database environments.
Database Administration Accountabilities
50% - Support application development teams during the escalation of the database components of their systems to Test, QA and Production.
25% - Peform database administration and maintenance.
10% - Manage the production job scheduling and monitoring system.
15% - Work with various groups across the enterprise to ensure system stability, scalability and security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/Computer Science, technical area preferred or technical training/experience equivalent
- Two or more years of progressive information technology experience with an enterprise-level database infrastructure.
- Experience with all Microsoft SQL Server components and database architecture experience.
- Proven analytical, technical and communications skills
- Software installation and Maintenance support
- A good understanding SQL Server Security
- SQL Server Capacity Planning
- Strong background database tuning
- The ability to quickly trouble shoot issues and form an action plan
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Our Department of Defense contract requires US Citizenship for this role
- 3+ years’ experience with working with database
- Experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server databases, Azure Cloud-based services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40