Here’s an idea. You raise your game as a developer of Data Intake Applications and we’ll raise your impact by using your work to help make life better for millions of people around the globe. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing technology, data and people together to help shape health care performance around the world. So bring your solid track record for innovation and accomplishment as a high level Applications Developer to an organization where the challenges are greater and every day is an opportunity to do more.
- Design, implement and maintain data intake applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Provide technical support and consultation for data intake application and infrastructure questions
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Developers
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma/GED with 8+ years’ experience in the IT Industry
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- 3+ years working on an Agile team
- 9+ months of experience in public or private Cloud development
- Rapid product delivery experience using CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, Sonar, Fortify)
- Experience leading, mentoring or coaching other developers
- SQL experience
- Kafka experience
- Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop experience
- Unix shell scripting experience
- Strong skills working with very large data sets with a variety of tools
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Chef, Puppet, Terraform or equivalent)
- Experience with container based application development (Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Full Stack developer, Java, Cloud, Docker, Franklin, TN, Tennessee