Are you an experienced diesel technician looking for a new career? Join First Transit and be part of an INDUSTRY LEADING, WORLDWIDE passenger transportation company!
First Transit provides individuals with opportunities for personal and professional growth and upward mobility. Our commitment to internal promotion has allowed a great number of employees to achieve and exceed their career goals. First Transit employs people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service. We deliver what we promise!
We operate and service vehicles for Yale University shuttle.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Up to $28.00 an hour based on experience & qualifications + $.25/hour for every ASE you possess or obtain!
- ASE testing and training materials provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Lead Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Lead Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred.
- 3-5 years of direct diesel repair experience required; heavy transit bus experience preferred.
- Valid CDL B required
- ASE Certifications are strongly preferred. Must be able to obtain while employed.
- Must possess appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.