Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are looking for Lead Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in Lewisville to use best practices within a community-based residential setting to teach individuals with disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
The hours are Monday through Friday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the role of Direct Support Professional or related field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Assist individuals with daily living skills and the development of independent community skills.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation and maintain case notes.
- Assist in the development of a weekly schedule for each consumer to maximize their time spent in the community.
- Complete training with individuals towards achieving Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) goals.
- Administer medication(s), while monitoring and documenting the health and medical needs of the individuals.
- Accompany individual to and from appointments and activities.
- Maintain inventory and ensures adequate supply of groceries and household items.
- May oversee consumer funds.
- May act as supervisor in the absence of the Manager.
- May serve as train-the-trainer for various individual specifics training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable)
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-DA@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer