There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy benefits business, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Here's where you come in. As a Lead Front Pharmacy Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll incorporate your knowledge of specialty medications as you work through the authorization process including review of physician's letters of medical necessity and reviewing/approving requests for prescription prior authorizations. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Responsible for conducting internal and external quality investigations within time constraints and following up with senior leadership with results
- Hemophilia picking and packing management. Work with other departments to ensure the correct handling and distribution of hemophilia drugs
- Responsible for monitoring and executing daily specialty medication handling and shipping
- Responsible for monitoring and executing daily prescription turnaround requirements
- Collaboration with different departments throughout the building using email, phone, and in person communication
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Current and valid Nevada Pharmacy Technician License
- Availability to work from 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday through Friday as well as overtime as required - Overtime could be before the shift, after the shift, or on weekends
- 2+ years of pharmacy tech experience
- 3+ months worth of knowledge of prescription processing
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 3+ months worth of knowledge of ScriptMed
- Nationally Certified, CPHT
- Sr. Pharmacy Technician experience
- Knowledge of POET (Delivery Assistant/Certified Facilitator)
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy technician, Pharm Tech, Hemophilia medication, shipping, handling, prescription turn around