There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy benefits business, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Here's where you come in. As a Lead Front Pharmacy Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll incorporate your knowledge of specialty medications as you work through the authorization process including review of physician's letters of medical necessity and reviewing/approving requests for prescription prior authorizations. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Executing workflow, identifying staffing gaps and monitoring production.
- Responsible for coaching employees, assisting leadership, training, and collaborating with peers for efficiency gains.
- Collaboration with different departments throughout the building using email, phone, and in person communication
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current and valid Nevada Pharmacy Technician License
- Availability to work from 5:00am - 1:30pm, Monday through Friday as well as overtime as required - Overtime could be before the shift, after the shift, or on weekends
- 2+ years of pharmacy tech experience
- 3+ months worth of knowledge of prescription processing
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Nationally Certified, CPHT
- Sr. Pharmacy Technician experience
- Knowledge of POET (Delivery Assistant/Certified Facilitator)
- 3+ months of Knowledge of ScriptMed
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy technician, Pharm Tech, Hemophilia medication, shipping, handling, prescription turn around