No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You will work to deliver solutions for the full spectrum of disease states, health events and medical, behavioral and pharmacy health services.
As the Lead Healthcare Data Analyst, you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance, and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. You'll grow and develop professionally. And you'll add exponentially to your skill set. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of the Lead Healthcare Data Analyst is to help identify areas for medical cost savings and utilization improvements across all markets primarily through cost/process analysis and financial forecasting/modeling.
- Research, retrieve, design, and deliver organized analytics and reporting of medical claims
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators
- Forecast costs, utilization trends, and create financial models using claims and other healthcare data
- Contract analysis
- Develop/document business, analysis, and reporting requirements
- Assist in making decisions of considerable impact and consequence involving healthcare expense trends
- Independently interpret data, facts, and/or trends
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data analysis or financial analysis role
- At least an intermediate proficiency with SQL, ideally working with large data sets and including proficient query-writing skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Prior experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Managed care experience
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Strong communication skills; Written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, health care, managed care, data, analysis, finance, economics, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, senior, lead, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas