BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
LEAD IT BUSINESS ANALYST
The Lead IT Business Analyst is responsible for delivering the following to support the BJ’s project portfolio and ongoing needs of the business, with a primary focus on:
- Building subject matter expertise in one or more functional areas in order to serve those domains as a product specialist
- Leveraging knowledge of the business, domain/product, and industry to help shape business and technology roadmaps
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the competitive landscape and applicable external market
- Leading discovery activities with business partners to understand objectives, business process impact, possible system needs and alignment to BJ’s strategy
- Applying solution knowledge and requirements elicitation techniques to develop models and documentation to represent current and target views for a functional area
- Full lifecycle requirements management (business, functional, non-functional), including traceability to test cases and maintenance of a features backlog
- Conducting software selection/evaluation; participating in choosing solution technologies to meet business needs
- Proactively analyzing cross-functional business processes and identifying and implementing process reengineering and improvements with associated metrics
- Defining issue/options analysis to help teams address challenges and recommend a solution
- Developing user acceptance test strategy and scripts, with coordination of test execution and reporting results
- Collaborating effectively with the IT Shared Service Solutions team, project and business stakeholders, leadership, and with third party providers
- Leading efforts to ensure organizational readiness to support transition to steady state for an implemented change
- Maintaining and modifying documentation in accordance with documentation requirements
- Actively employing Agile principles across interactions and work, regardless of whether a project is following an Agile, waterfall or hybrid methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- At least 6 years of related experience is required as a business analyst, preferably with a focus on Merchandising, Finance, Marketing or Membership
- Experience with use case modeling, process flow diagrams, and process decomposition is strongly desired
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and writing user stories is a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, including meeting/workshop facilitation skills
- Advanced experience is necessary using applications such as MS-Office and Visio
- Experience with SAP, Point of Sale or Warehouse Management solutions a plus
- Previous retail experience a plus
- Project management experience is preferred
- Six Sigma certification, Business Analysis certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.