Welcome to UnitedHealthcare - Together We Are Making a Difference in the Lives of 47 Million Americans.
We aren’t looking for just the typical Solutions Architect. We are seeking an innovative technology “Evangelist” to help transform Medicare & Retirement’s Insurance Solutions IT organization!
In this Lead IT Solution Architect role, not only will you will be responsible for the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications strategy, but you will passionately lead and motivate others by example.
Are you doing Scaled Agile? Have you been driving your organization to embrace a DevOps culture? Do you enjoy moving IT organizations through the evolution from order taker to strategic business partner? Bring us your passion and energy for architecting top - notch IT solutions, and you will be rewarded with opportunities and challenge!
- Evangelize our technology strategy and decisions
- Use a consultative approach to solving problems
- Collaborate with the business to understand / influence business requirements to use technology as a way to improve member experience and separate us from our competitors
- Demonstrate understanding of cross - functional / cross - domain requirements and impact
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to architectural solutions. Utilize those findings to influence our technology strategy
- Facilitate / lead / participate in identification of solution options and features and prepare related estimates for business cases
- Create architecture deliverables that describe the solution that other teams can learn from
- Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
- Identify gaps between established standards and proposed solutions, and follow the exception / waiver process as needed as part of the architecture governance model
- 8+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery
- 6+ years of hands - on experience in delivering multi - tier web based applications
- 4+ years in a role that made decisions across an enterprise, and not just one or two business units
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- Experience with technology project estimation techniques and familiarity with financial terminology
- Experience operationalizing web based systems that meet service levels, protect and secure our members data and privacy, and are easy to use
- Experience presenting solution vision/direction in front of a large audience, and motivate that audience to deliver on a shared vision
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Healthcare industry experience
- Team leadership or team management experience
- An understanding of security, network, and cloud infrastructure techniques and how they apply to solution delivery across all departments
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and presenting appropriate models to communicate with stakeholders
- Scaled agile delivery and/or enterprise wide architecture experience
- Experience in / knowledge of large scale direct to consumer web techniques
- Capacity Planning
- Visual artifact creation
- Proven experience initiating, facilitating, and embracing change and transformation
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead IT Solutions Architect, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania