BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
This position is responsible for planning, discovery, design, construction, testing, implementation and operations/support of IT Disaster Recovery solutions. It will involve creating new solutions, identifying and closing gaps in existing solutions, and improving overall operations.
- Design and architect Disaster Recovery (DR) systems and plans to meet BJ’s recovery and availability goals
- Lead efforts to implement BJ’s Disaster Recovery for IT services and infrastructure
- Responsible for detailed assessment, detailed remediation planning, resource identification and other areas in support of the IT disaster recovery and business continuity goals of the organization.
- Involved in developing test scenarios or disaster simulations to test the responsiveness of recovery plan and assigned technical and people resources to a situation.
- Lead discovery activities to understand business impact, possible system needs and alignment to BJ’s DR strategy.
- Provide analysis and design leadership (e.g., thought leadership, industry perspective, conceptualizes solutions, balance business and technical factors, apply holistic view).
- Lead interaction with project team and management to understand business, technical objectives, assumptions and constraints that may impact the solution.
- Analyze & design the technical architecture for complex business functions accounting for performance, business continuity, information security and disaster recovery plans.
- Interact, as technical lead, with project team, vendors and business partner management to establish hardware and networking requirements for entire system covering multiple functional areas.
- Configure, create or modify highly complex programs, modules, routines, scripts, applications and data objects from a detailed design where performance, efficiency, and reliability are critical to the entire system.
- Participate in establishing standards for software development and configuration process and methodology.
- Demonstrate expert understating of SDLC and QA Concepts, metrics analysis, methodologies and documentations standards
- Provide technical direction for members of the test team and interface with design team throughout System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.
- Serve as the primary interface with business partners regarding significant installation challenges.
- Lead interaction with infrastructure process owners to determine overall solution architecture.
- Ensure reliability, maintainability and availability objectives for major solution components.
- Lead interaction with project team and management to identify and document benefits, costs and risks associated with solution alternatives.
- Negotiate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with business partners and vendors.
- Ensure production plans and disaster recovery plans are followed and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Bachelor or Technical Degree
- 8 years relevant experience
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.